A Skeleton Holding A…
I write random tables as a warmup every day. You can suggest a prompt here.
A Skeleton Holding…
- A wooden carving of an orange, with one strip of the skin peeled back. The inside sparkles like a geode. It’s probably valuable, but the wooden skin is tough and the fruit inside is incredibly delicate.
- Another skeleton. The two are wrapped in a close embrace near the bones of an ancient fire.
- A wooden sign that reads "Do Not Remove This Notice".
- Their own finger bone, sharpened to a point and stained with old ink. The journal they were writing in has succumbed to age and rot. Only the binding remains, and even that is riddled with mould.
- A deck of cards for divination, still in perfect condition. The skeleton is cross-legged on the ground as though about to perform a reading.
- A tarnished copper flute, green and corroded. The skeleton’s bones have been chewed on and the ground is covered in rat droppings.
- An ivory carving of a small bear wrapped in faux fur.
- A set of seven hand bells of different sizes. Their tolling makes you feel sleepy and cold.
Like this post? Leave a tip at Ko-Fi I write random tables as a warmup every day. You can suggest a prompt here.