1d6 Items In A Burglar’s Pack
The Pack Itself
The burglar’s pack is a slim, low-profile backpack made of green canvas so dark that it is almost black, designed to sit tight against the wearer’s back. Several hooks and slim sleeves attached to the outside of the pack allow quick access to essential items, while multiple external pockets allow other necessary tools to be kept close to hand wiithout needing to access the deep main pocket.
Inside The Pack
As well as the staples – a bag of ball bearings, string, candles, a crowbar and hammer, pitons, a hooded lantern with oil, and the like – the burglar’s pack contains the following:
- A set of common keys, along with picks and a rake.
- A small hand mirror mounted on an extendable rod.
- Cubes of cheese wrapped in cheesecloth, used for calming aggressive dogs.
- A grappling hook that folds down to the size of a small baton that can easily be slipped into a side sleeve of the burglar’s pack.
- A long roll of tape or ribbon with adhesive on one side that can be stuck to panes of glass, allowing you to break them without causing them to shatter.
- A small wax-coated canvas pouch with a narrow mouth that attaches to a tiny bellows. This can be slipped under sash windows and inflated, forcing the window up enough for you to slip a hand beneath it.
If you would like your own table of trinkets, drop me a tip on Ko-Fi!
Image Credit: Police raid a lodging house at night and arrest a convicted thief. Coloured etching by G. Cruikshank, 1848, after himself. Credit: Wellcome Collection. Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)